We publish extensive, up-to-date, information about applying for legal residency in Mexico, including a free eBook: Mexico Immigration Guide
When you apply for legal residency in Mexico, you’ll need to decide what application route (approach) is best for your individual circumstances, prepare your supporting documents, file the application —usually at a consulate outside of Mexico— and then undertake additional procedures to exchange the sticker in your passport for a residency card when you arrive in Mexico.
Personalized advice and practical support
The Mexico Immigration Assistance Service provided by our associates offers personalized advice as well as practical assistance by telephone, chat, and email that will save you time, and guide you correctly through the procedures—from discussing the best approach for your application to providing practical support throughout the entire application process.
How the Immigration Assistance Service works
The service begins with a personal consultation with our associate to help you plan your application strategy, answer any questions you have, and identify the best route for a residency application given your individual circumstances. The service then provides practical help and support as you make your own way through the procedures including:
- providing you with a check-list of all the documentation you’ll need to gather as part of your application;
- review of your documentation for accuracy and completeness;
- scheduling appointments at the Mexican consulate abroad and/or immigration office in Mexico, as relevant;
- filling-out the various application forms;
- writing the necessary letters (in Spanish);
- the support continues when you return to Mexico and exchange your visa for a residency card; and
- the service also provides ad-hoc advice and troubleshooting (if needed), as you move through the application.
Our associate will thus help you to formulate an application strategy, prepare all your paperwork, schedule your appointment at the consulate abroad, and then the support continues when you arrive in Mexico to exchange your visa stickers for residency cards at your local INM office.
Fixed-fee consultation and support package
They offer this through a fixed-fee consultation package of 3 hours of advice and support for US$249. You can optionally purchase additional hours at US$90/hour if you want them or need them; but most cases don’t need more than 3 hours of support.
Questions? If you have any questions about how the service works, we’ll be pleased to answer them; please contact us.
Key benefits offered
- Personalized consultation and advice to determine which resident permit best suits your situation and intentions
- Practical assistance at every stage of the application procedures (see practical support, above)
- Assistance with first-time applications, and permit renewals, as well as exchanges from temporary to permanent residency, and exchanging visa stickers for residency cards
- Specialized assistance and advice if you need to ‘regularize’ your immigration status, for example if your resident card expired, or was lost or stolen
- Advice and assistance if you intend to apply for Mexican Citizenship
- The service also provides assistance and support for trouble shooting and problem solving
Learn more and make a service request
The Mexico Immigration Assistance Service saves time and potential inconvenience by helping you to prepare a strong application based on your situation, and mitigating the chances of having your forms, letters and other paperwork being rejected during the application procedures.
The service thus helps you to structure your application approach based on your circumstances, and provides practical support as you make your way through the application procedures to acquire your legal residency in Mexico.
Mexico in your inbox
Our free newsletter about Mexico brings you a monthly round-up of recently published stories and opportunities, as well as gems from our archives.